Saturday, August 3, 2013

From Oswald's Mind to My Heart

I won't comment on this little treasure of a paragraph from My Utmost For His Highest, Aug. 3.    I have to go cut my hubby's hair and get on with the day.  Just know that it spoke deeply to me today and will perhaps resonate with you as well.

We have no conception of what God is aiming at, and as we go on it gets more and more vague. 

God's aim looks like missing the mark because we are too short-sighted to see what He is aiming at.

 At the beginning of the Christian life we have our own ideas as to what God's purpose is--"I am meant to go here or there,"  "God has called me to do this special work";  and we go and do the thing, and still the big compelling of God remains.  

The work we do is of no account, it is so much scaffolding compared with the big compelling of God.

whew.


1 comment: